Xavier absolutely loves this caramel slice. Well to be fair its an absolute his with the hubby and Ezra as well
So we made it this week to add into his lunchbox on Thursday as his treat for when he returns to school.
So grab your aprons and come back it with us 🙂
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup pack browned sugar
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
125g melted butter.
Preheat the oven to 180c
Line your baking tin or plan with baking paper.
1. Melt the butter.
2. Combine flour, brown sugar and coconut into a small bowl
3. Add butter into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. place mixtures into a slice tin and firmly press down with a spoon to evenly cover the bottom of the tin.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and set aside to cool.
2x 400g Can sweetened condensed milk
4 Tbsp Golden Syrup
120, melted butter
1. Melt the butter
2. In a medium saucepan combine condensed milk. melted butter and golden syrup
3. Stir over a low head for about 8 minutes, until mixture boils, thickens and changes color to a slightly darker color.
4. Pour the filling over the prepared base and place back in the oven for 12 minutes or until filling is dark in color and firm
5. Set aside to cool and place in the fridge for 4 hours
125g white cooking chocolate
1/2cup milk chocolate to swirl on top
1.Melt the white chocolate in the microwave at 30 minute bursts stirring in between until melted.
2.Pour the white chocolate over the caramel filling and spread evenly.
3. Melt milk chocolate in the microwave
4. Place the milk chocolate on top of the white chocolate and swirl with a butter knife.
5. Refrigerate to set.
6. Keep in an airtight container