These were really really good. I am not a fan of blue cheese at all but it was really good in this.
This is also a great way to use any extra bacon and cooked chicken that you might have.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 3 rashers bacon, rind removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 125g blue cheese, coarsely chopped
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salad to serve.
- preheat the oven to 210 bake. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- heat half the oil in a frying pan over high heat; cook the bacon for 2 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- heat remaining oil in same pan over medium heat; cook leek, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- combine bacon and leek in a large bowl with chicken and cheese.
- cut each pastry sheet into two rectangles, one slightly larger than the other. Place the smaller rectangles on tray. top with chicken mixture leaving a 1cm boarder. Brush with egg.
- carefully place the smaller pastry over top. Press edges of pastry together, brush lightly with egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until browned. Serve with a salad.
Luke had one for lunch and then we had the rest for dinner with a salad. He likes them and there are two left for his lunch tomorrow.
-Just A Happy Mum