Have left over easter eggs that you know will cause an arugument between your kids?
We did and thankfully I found this recipe that used the small chocolate eggs because the boys would have fought over them if they had remembered them.
To be honest though this could work without the Easter Eggs, as you can see I used some caramilk chocolate as well.
Compared to the picture with the instructions mine looks very unappetizing but kids loved it so that’s all that counts.
1: 12 Scotch Finger Biscuits
2: 300g pink and white marshmallows (3 cups)
3: 4 x 17 milk chocolate, hollow eggs
4: 200g black dark chocolate, chopped
1. Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above the pan.
2. Arrange biscuits, flat-side down, over base of prepared pan, trimming to fit neatly.
3. Combine marshmallows and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir for about 5 minutes, or until melted and smooth. Remove.
4. Pour over biscuits in pan. Spread evenly. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until set.
5. Meanwhile, using a small, sharp knife, cut the Easter Eggs in half.
6. Place dark chocolate in a bowl and microwave at 10 second bursts stirring after each 10 seconds.
Alternatively place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted.
7. Pour over marshmallow filling in pan. Spread evenly.
8. Arrange halved eggs, cut-side down, over chocolate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
9. To serve, life slice from pan. Cut into pieces.
Kids loved this recipe. Yes it is very sugary but as a one off treat I don’t see any harm 🙂
-Just A Happy Mum