My kids love to have oatmeal with raisins for breakfast. So what better way then to do Oat Breakfast Bars for their lunchboxes.
It’s a simple recipe with a few extra added treats.
3 cups of rolled oats
I cup Milk
1/4 cup golden syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp butter melted
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
1 hand full chocolate chips
1 hand full dark chocolate chips
2 hand fulls raisins
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 – 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180. In a bowl, whisk together melted butter, 2 eggs, golden syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and milk until combined.
- To the same bowl add oats, baking powder, cinnamon and pinch of salt. Stir together.
- Once combined add your chocolate chops, dark chocoalte chips and raisins and mix together again. Gently.
- Grease a baking pan. Add the oatmeal mixture, spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it fully cool down. Once its cooled down cut into bars (size of your choice)
- Onced fully cooled down, in a bpwl mix the icing sugar and milk together until you get the consistency you want. Drizzle over your bars and Enjoy!
These make such a great lunchbox filler as well as a yummy snack. My boys jumped into them as soon as they were glazed.
If you try them let me know 🙂
-Just A Happy Mum